john.whitmore@fronter.com


Sunday, 13 April 2008

Laughing

How was your first day at school ? It was all right except for someone called "Teacher" who kept spoiling all our fun !

Did you know that humour is critical for learning?


Laughter helps learning because it produces body chemicals,
endorphins, which make us feel good, and the physical act of laughing pumps extra oxygen around our body and brain. Norman Cousins, the author of `Anatomy of an Illness`, calls the act of laughter `internal jogging` and, quite apart from doing us good, it has the added bonus of connecting us to other people in a very positive way. Being connected, feeling that we are accepted as part of a group, raises comfort levels, allowing us to stretch ourselves and learn by taking risks.

Laugh with the late Tommy Cooper...


So I was getting into my car, and this bloke says to me "Can you give me a lift?" I said "Sure, you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it."

You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine.' So that was nice.


Police arrested two kids yesterday; one was drinking Battery Acid, the other was eating Fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.

A policeman stopped me the other night, he taps on the window of the car and says: 'Would you please blow into this bag, Sir'. I said: 'What for, Officer?' He says: 'My chips are too hot'.

He said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books.